• Consultation – Before I ever start coaching an athlete, I sit down with them and find out what they want to accomplish and what kind of background they bring to the challenge in front of them. I also learn what health issues they may have that we will have to work around. Based on the information I gather, I then lay out a plan to help them achieve their objectives. There is no charge for this consultation.
• Initial assessment – The data obtained in the consultation is used to assess each client’s preparedness to reach their stated goals. This is where the planning gets interesting and is the reason that I do not offer training plans targeted to the masses as a product for sale. Such plans really work well for a very small percentage of the population!
• Personalized training plan – Each client’s training plan contains some commonality with other clients’ plans; but, each one is different also. The differences reflect the differences in objectives and experience as well as the differences in the abilities they already have.
• Race planning and preparation – Occasionally, an athlete comes to me with a full schedule of races already laid out. Occasionally, one comes with no idea of what race alternatives exist. Most come somewhere in between. My job includes recommending races we can add to (or delete from) your schedule to help you reach your stated objectives.
• Unlimited email/text/phone contact – Everyone has questions that arise that were not anticipated. Everyone has conflicts which come up. These are just a part of living! You can always send me an email or text message about something that is bothering you. To a reasonable extent, you can call me on the phone about these things. There is no additional charge for responding to your questions.
• No setup fee or contract – Many coaches charge a fee to set up their clients’ plans and expect them to commit to a minimum contract period. I do not. I certainly hope that my relationships with my clients go on for a very long time. I have had athletes who continued with me for over two years.
You should never hesitate to reach out for special requests! That is part of what I am here for.